PREPARE (Partnership for Rural Europe) is now looking for a Communication and Dissemination Officer for its Horizon Europe projects to work on communication, outreach and dissemination of projects activities and results. The role is a mid-level seniority and it is offered on a part-time basis.
Role description and responsibilities:
Time of engagement: January/February 2024 to the end of the projects in 2027 (Initial contract period is two years with possibility for extension)
Special working arrangement: This is a part-time position with variable working arrangement and flexible (variable) working schedule. The position, however, requires regular monthly engagement as per agreed scope and schedule. This is a homework/telework position.
The responsibilities and primary tasks include but not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for managing the communication working packages in Horizon projects
- Providing information, promoting and communicating projects activities and results to general public, media and other relevant stakeholders, ensuring their animation and active engagement
- Preparing and implementing the communication, dissemination and outreach strategy, including conveying a clear messages through usage of relevant media channels (web site, newsletter, social media, etc.)
- Making projects results available for usage to public, to others that can learn from the results, including authorities, industry, policymakers, sectors of interests, civil society
- Writing news stories and press releases
- Managing and producing newsletters
- Editing and laying out of publications
- Setting up and managing social media platforms
- Liaising and maintaining contacts with journalists and media outlets as well as with other stakeholders and partners
- Organising and implementing project events, webinars, outreach and communication activities
- Liaising with other PREPARE staff and network members in order to ensure coordination on media and outreach activities
Communication and Dissemination Officer will work under the supervision and in close collaboration with Secretary General of PREPARE and in coordination with other projects staff. Occasional travel to project sites and events will be required.
Remuneration: Remuneration will correspond to the mid-level seniority and will be adjusted as per working time for each month.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in communication field
- University degree in communication or a related field
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of multiple communication and public awareness channels
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and campaigns
- Expertise in writing and designing newsletters and other news outputs (press releases, policy papers)
- Website management experience
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, and the ability to present advice in a clear and concise manner
- ICT skills commensurate with the scope of the post
- Ability to operate within a fast moving environment and react appropriately to change
- Demonstrated organisational skills and attention to detail; and strong interpersonal skills and ability to network and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably from a remote location, making sure that quality maintains high standards and is provided according to strict deadlines
- Very good interpersonal skills to interact within multicultural environment
- Familiarity with European institutions, in particular EU advocacy, corporate communication, or dissemination and familiarity with Horizon Europe or H2020 projects is considered as advantage
- Experience managing projects and managing budgets is considered as advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
The applicants through their cover letter and corresponding CVs should demonstrate that they satisfy the above requirements for this position.
Deadline for applications: Applications, including short cover letter and CV should be sent to Miodrag Matavulj, Secretary General of PREPARE to the following email address: email@example.com by 10th of January 2024.
PREPARE – Partnerships for Rural Europe has played a key role in rural development in Europe, bringing together rural actors and stimulating exchange in the unique format of “PREPARE Gatherings” and “travelling workshops”, through which hundreds of rural NGOs and community groups, active rural inhabitants, as well as many representatives of national, regional and local authorities have been able to meet and discuss the key challenges of rural areas and the best ways to address them.
PREPARE builds cooperation and undertakes joint action with a wide range of partners and currently PREPARE network membership comprises over 20 national platforms of rural organisations from countries across the Europe. PREPARE plays a strong role in mobilising civil society, building trust and developing new democratic rural development instruments in EU member states and candidate countries.
PREPARE is helping rural actors to have their voice heard in policy debate, for example about the future of EU rural development.
PREPARE is co-founder and co-organiser of European Rural Parliament (ERP) together with two other European Networks, the European Rural Communities Alliance (ERCA) and the European LEADER Association for Rural Development (ELARD).
Since 2016, PREPARE is registered as an international NGO in Brussels, Belgium. Currently, PREPARE, as part of larger consortiums of partner organisations, was awarded three Horizon Europe projects.
More info about PREPARE you can find at the following link: About – PREPARE (prepare-network.eu)
Job Announcement can be downloaded HERE.